|ALEXANDRA’S SUNSET PHOTOGRAPHY VIA GETTY IMAGES|
These are the steps I've taken up each morning (or most mornings, we'll day...), along with reading a daily devotion, speaking positive affirmations over myself, and doing some reiki self-healing or chakra balancing.
See, throughout this self-healing journey I've been on in the last year, one of the things that has become most apparent to me (among a thousand revelations) is how quickly I allow myself to abandon my own needs when change happens or when life gets busy. I know this comes from a deep-rooted issue of not feeling worthy enough. And I think self-worth (or lack thereof) is at the core of many peoples' issues. This process of getting my "game" back, so to speak, has been a slow and steady trek and by no means a sprint. But I see glimmers of creativity returning; spurts of energy bringing my spirit slowly back to life; moments when my heart begins to feel joy and not just emptiness or sorrow; more feelings of self-love and less of self-loathing.
Baby Steps. It's all been baby steps. Right now, I'm working to take better care of myself, because it has to begin within me. I'm learning to be a more self-disciplined and intentional person, and -- most importantly (and what I find I'm struggling with the most) -- not being so hard on myself when I don't perform perfectly or flat-out fail. We judge our poor selves so harshly so often, and that never serves us.
I wanted to share the 15 affirmations I've adopted. I speak them aloud in faith each morning, and I notice that starting my day speaking success and positivity over my life can really carve out the direction that my day will go. Some of these have been borrowed; others I've written myself. Please feel free to borrow the ones that work for you, to add to your own morning ritual.
1. Today I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
2. My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
3. I am above negative thoughts and ill actions.
4. I am guided in my every step by God and my Higher Self, who lead me towards what I must know and do.
5. My relationships are becoming stronger, deeper and much more stable and fulfilling every day.
6. I possess the qualities and talents needed to be successful, and I will utilize them today.
7. Creative energy surges through me and sparks new and brilliant ideas every day.
8. I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents; today, I choose happiness, love, positivity and compassion.
9. Today I abandon my old habits and patterns which don't serve me, and take up new, more positive ones.
10. I forgive those who have harmed me in the past. I forgive myself. Today, I let go of all hurt feelings.
11. I am blessed with a wonderful family and incredible friends.
12. My efforts are being supported by the Universe; my dreams manifest into reality before my eyes.
13. My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness.
14. I am at peace with all that has, is and will happen; everything happens for a reason and for my ultimate good.
15. I love myself and I am worthy. I radiate confidence, charm, beauty, grace and forgiveness.
--> For those of you who already use affirmations as a tool for success, how has it served you?